You have been sent a passcode to your email for registration, use it to complete your registration
African Job Fields that Count
Some of the Continent’s best Paid Jobs
- Petroleum Engineers – In the realm of crude oil or natural gas, these workers obtain a high comparable salary, particularly in South Africa. Relevant knowledge includes chemical engineering, mining engineering and physics.
- Actuary – Evaluating Risk & Uncertainty. These professionals have a background in business, analytics, behavioral psychology, asset management and liability management.
- Air Traffic Controller – Maintaining safety & order in global air traffic. Relevant experience includes aerodrome, area radar, approach radar and related disciplines.
- Computer & Information Systems Managers – Directing IT goals of a company. Relevant educational experience in the field of Computer Science is often required.
- Doctors – the salaries range quite a bit, with Neurosurgeons making the highest amount.
- Accountant or Auditor – Organizing and manage a company’s finances. A relevant degree in accounting is normally required.
- Management Consultant – Consultancy for a business on how they can improve performance and increase results. Qualifications for these positions vary greatly, but individuals are often educated in management, psychology or business.
- Lawyers – the salary range here can vary greatly, but the general consensus is that it’s among the highest paid professions on the continent.
- Airline Pilot or Engineer – Normally requiring an educational background in engineering, mathematics or physics, this job involves the flying and maintenance of multi-engine aircrafts. The salary of such professionals is ranked amongst the top few.
- Software Engineers – These are best paid professionals in South Africa, and amongst the highest paid throughout the continent. Relevant qualifications are in computer science and programming, although hiring success is largely dependent on the actual proven skill-set. Software engineers develop, design and maintain software & computer systems.
- As can be seen from this brief look into predicted future occupations, and current high-paid positions, there is large diversity in the African workforce. This will likely take a shift towards emphasising on environmental and advisory positions. Roles in Engineering, Law, Medicine & Business will likely continue to remain well compensated, despite the fluctuating economic climate.
- Stay-tuned for a full occupation guide
- Contributing Sources: collegerecruiter.com, forbes.com, afkinsider.com, salaryexplorer.com, moneyweb.co.za, payscale.com, Bureau of Labor Statistics
We strive to provide the most comprehensive and complete job board for our users all over the world. Whether you've landed here from a social community or forum board, we aim to provide Nigeria and Africa with a free and easy-to-use job portal. Candidates can create and upload unlimited resumes, which can easily be sent to employers. Users can search through and add jobs to their wishlists before applying and land that perfect position!
You will be sent an activation code with a link after registering. Click the link in the activation e-mail or Click here to activate your account.
You will be sent a passcode to your email upon clicking 'Register.' Please check your e-mail after clicking below for instructions on how to complete your registration. Click Register Below & Check Your E-Mail