You have been sent a passcode to your email for registration, use it to complete your registration
- Find out as much about the company as you can – research their website, social media and external resources you can find. Be prepared to show off your knowledge if ever confronted with a specific question about the company.
- Research trends in the market, as well as related companies and competitors
- If possible, find out if the form that the interview will take – whether it will be a panel, a one-on-one meeting, or a group interview.
- It could be a good idea to prepare some test questions and practice them at home – from your knowledge about the company, or research, prepare some mock-up flashcards and get comfortable with answering some possible questions
- Make preparations the night before your interview – get to bed early, relax & get everything ready for the next day – eliminate any added stress on the day of your interview, and wake up fresh and with a sharp mind.
During the Interview
- Arrive early, to ensure you are on-time and ready to go
- Plan ahead of time, what characteristics you would like the interviewer to notice. Remember that nonverbal actions can play a very important role, so make sure to be relaxed, positive and appear confident.
- Be aware of the normal interview structure – beginning with easier, more relaxed questions, and building-up to more detailed or specific questions.
- If you misunderstand a question, ask for clarification, embodying confidence and interest. It’s better to ask for clarification than to sound rushed and unprepared.
- Make sure to stay positive, present yourself confidently and breathe.
- Often, a company will have a preliminary ‘screening’ or first interview, where you will be assessed on more basic or qualification-based criteria.
- The second interview will often be more in-depth, attempting to gather evidence of your skills, your assets in terms of what you can bring to the company, as well as a further understanding of your motivations.
- Feel confident and positive that you made it through the first step, but make sure to be as prepared as possible, as the questions and discussions will likely dig deeper.
- Look further into the company to find out about its competitions, business strategies, expansion ideas and other related information. You should not only be prepared to answer specific questions, but also be ready to prove your knowledge and motivation of the company/position.
- With further research in place, you’ll be more prepared to show your enthusiasm and motivation for the company’s outlooks.
Preparing for the Interview – Interview Questions
- Strengths & Weaknesses
- Your understanding of the job position and the role that you would carry out
- Your own personal goals, both in a personal and business perspective
- How your past experience or studies apply to the position
- How the company would benefit from your skills
- Your experience in both related and unrelated disciplines that could exhibit your ability to take on multifaceted tasks
- Make sure to point out important achievements or work them into your answers. It is not always the case that the interviewer has studied your resume, so never assume that your experience or skills are known in advance. A common mistake is to leave out important details that you feel are already covered in your resume – highlight important facts, while expanding on their relevance to the question(s).
- In a competency-based interview, your should be prepared for questions that involve a situation or scenario. Be prepared and think ahead of time, jotting down certain scenarios that would be related to the job. Form questions from these scenarios and practice them out-loud for some good practice.
We strive to provide the most comprehensive and complete job board for our users all over the world. Whether you've landed here from a social community or forum board, we aim to provide Nigeria and Africa with a free and easy-to-use job portal. Candidates can create and upload unlimited resumes, which can easily be sent to employers. Users can search through and add jobs to their wishlists before applying and land that perfect position!
You will be sent an activation code with a link after registering. Click the link in the activation e-mail or Click here to activate your account.
You will be sent a passcode to your email upon clicking 'Register.' Please check your e-mail after clicking below for instructions on how to complete your registration. Click Register Below & Check Your E-Mail